First established in 2009 under Mayor James J. Kennedy, the Rahway Arts District (its original moniker) was organized to promote and enhance the business, educational, civic and cultural life of the Special Improvement District (SID) of Rahway. Over the years, the organization most recently became known as the Rahway Arts & Business Partnership. In July of 2021, the Rahway City Council became the official District Management Corporation for the City of Rahway’s Special Improvement District. Central to the mission of the Rahway SID is to promote the economic well-being of all businesses within the City of Rahway and maintain a strong partnership between arts and business communities.
What We Do
- Promote, grow and support local businesses, property owners, residents and patrons within the City of Rahway
- Utilize targeted economic development and marketing initiatives to retain and attract new businesses to the city.
- Work in conjunction with the City of Rahway and Rahway Redevelopment Agency to enhance the city’s quality of life through programming and development.
- Create a culturally diverse, vibrant and economically sound community within Rahway.
- Develop activities and programs that encourage the long term success of the arts and business communities.